Cherry Arugula Salad
Cherries add the sweetness, nuts bring the texture, and arugula offers the bite for the perfect spring salad.
00 HR 25 MINS
- 1/3 pound fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/2 pound baby or wild arugula
- 2 ounces of feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 4 tablespoons good extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Flaky coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toast pecans in a dry pan for 5 minutes.
Cut the cherries in half lengthwise and place them in a large serving bowl. Add the arugula, cheese, and pecans. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar, crush a few generous pinches of salt over the top, and season generously with pepper. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.