If you believe the quality, taste, and nutrition of farm-fresh fruits and vegetables are unmatched and should be accessible to all Bay Area residents, then PCFMA is the place for you! The oldest and largest organization of our kind, we connect San Francisco Bay Area residents with the people who grow their food.
Non-exempt, Full Time or Part-Time
Concord, CA, and Farmers’ Market sites across the Bay Area
A Market Manager with the Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association, working under the direction of a Regional Manager, serves as the on-site manager for assigned Certified Farmers’ Markets. The Market Manager ensures their markets operate in compliance with state law, health codes and organizational rules. The Market Manager also completes office duties related to planning, record-keeping, and correspondence for the market.
The role of the Market Manager is to develop and maintain the relationships with producers and stakeholders that participate in the markets they operate. This is accomplished through thoughtful planning and execution of operational tactics and strategies for their market, supportive communication with the producers in their markets, and outreach to the communities surrounding their markets.
• Act as an on-site manager for one or more weekly certified farmers’ markets.
• Ensure markets operate in compliance with state law, health regulations, and association rules and regulations.
• Ensure the set-up, operation and shut-down of farmers’ markets are completed to PCFMA’s standards.
• Ensure the market site is clean at the end of each market day.
• Collect payment from farmers and other participating producers at the end of each market day, complete logs and reports and make bank deposits.
• Provide customer service to consumers at the market by establishing and staffing a market information booth.
• Communicate with farmers’ market sponsors to understand, and when possible to address, their operational concerns, and inform Regional Manager of all sponsor communications.
• Work with farmers and other vendors to respond to questions and concerns.
• Assist in recruiting farmers and other producers to participate in the market.
• Assist in hosting market events as directed.
• Perform planning, record-keeping, correspondence, and other office activities to support the market and the organization.
• Meet guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Experience with Certified Farmers’ Markets or California agriculture desired.
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to work cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment.
• Must be a licensed driver with a safe driving record.
• Weekend work and early morning or late evenings may be required.
• Must have reliable transportation. (Due the location and timing of some markets, public transportation may not be appropriate).
• This position requires the employee to work outside in all weather conditions and requires work in an office environment.
• This position requires the employee to stand and/or walk for up to 10 hours during a shift.
• This position requires the employee to be able to lift equipment up to 50 lbs. in and out of a vehicle, and be able to lift items weighing 20 lbs. over their head.