Curried Rainbow Carrots
Find beautiful rainbow carrots at your farmers' market and roast them with this tasty sauce, adjustable to your liking.
- 1 bunch carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin California olive oil
- Curry powder to taste
- ½ cup carrot leaves, blanched and shocked in ice
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, blanched and shocked in ice
- ¼ cup extra virgin California olive oil
- Lemon juice to taste
- A few teaspoons of water to loosen the dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Fromage blank for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400⁰ F. Place the loose carrots in a large bowl and dress them with olive oil, curry, salt, and pepper.
Place the dressed carrots on a large, flat baking sheet, and roast them for 20 to 30 minutes, until they can be pierced with a fork.
Place the blanched carrot leaves, parsley, olive oil, and a splash of lemon juice in a blender, and blend until smooth. If the dressing is too thick, add enough water to bring it to your desired consistency. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice if desired.
Toss the carrots in dressing, and serve garnished with Fromage blanc.