Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
By roasting asparagus it brings out more of the earthy flavor and Parmesan adds a nice creamy sharpness.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (larger stalkswork best)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Line a baking sheet with foil. Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim off woody ends of asparagus. Lay asparagus spears on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss lightly and place in a single layer on the pan.
Roast for about 20 minutes, or until browned. Plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Serve as a side dish.