Fig & Farro Salad
This sweet and savory salad makes a great cold side or easy meal. Make when your kitchen is cool and enjoy warm or cold.
- 1 pint figs, washed and quartered
- 1 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
- 4 cups greens (We used baby kale which is a bit toothsome. Use hot olive oil to wilt tougher greens, or massage to tenderize)
- 3 sprigs rosemary, infused into 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked grain (farro, couscous, quino, etc.)
- 1 green onion, cut down the middle and sliced
- Juice of 1-2 lemons, to taste
- Salt and pepper
Take rosemary leaves off branch and put all pieces into a pot with olive oil. Heat oil on low until the rosemary turns a dull green. Filter oil to remove the cooked rosemary.
Combine all ingredients except oil and lemon, salt and pepper to taste and toss. Dress with oil and lemon, toss again and enjoy!