Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
Cool down with this lovely chilled soup - slightly sweet, slightly spicy, and very delicious.
- 1 medium ripe cantaloupe, about 2.5 pounds
- Juice and zest of 3 limes
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thai or Genovese basil, chopped
- 1 to 2 chile peppers (jalapeño, habanero, or other hot peppers), diced
- Salt, to taste
- Plain Greek yogurt, to serve
Purée the melon, lime juice and zest, cucumber, and ginger in a blender. Add the chopped basil, mint, hot peppers. Stir, taste, and salt to taste.
Chill for at least two hours, letting the herbs and peppers flavor the soup. Pour into a bowl and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt.