Spring Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower lends itself well to additional stronger ingredients like asparagus, garlic, and spices.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, quartered, pulsed in a food processor until pea-sized
- 2 stalks green garlic, sliced
- 1 bunch pea greens, chopped
- 2 cups diced hard (winter) squash or sweet potato
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon French tarragon or other soft spring herbs
- Lemon to taste
- Hard aged cheese (optional)
Heat oil on medium-high and add squash. When squash begins to brown, add almonds. Sauté until browned.
Add green garlic until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add asparagus and sauté for one minute. Then add cauliflower and sauté for seven minutes, stirring continuously. If the cauliflower sticks to the bottom of the pan, turn down the heat.
Add the pea greens and French tarragon and sauté for another 3 minutes. Season with lemon, salt, and pepper to taste. Finish with a hard grating cheese