Air Fryer Egg Fried Rice
Healthy and quick, this easy recipe can be used with any combination of vegetables. Note: This recipe requires the use of an air fryer.
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice, making 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 cups chopped baby bok choy, from 3/4 pound whole baby bok choy
- 3-1/2 cups chopped mushrooms, from a 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon dry cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 thin sliced scallions
Cook and cool the jasmine rice. Chop the bok choy stem in 1/3-inch slices and chop the leaf more coarsely. Mix the dressing. Toss 1/2 the dressing with the cooled rice, and air fry for 9 minutes at 350°, stirring halfway through. Make a well in the center of the rice to hold egg, and spoon egg mixture onto the rice. Be sure to leave the center of the air fryer open for airflow. This is critical to success in any air fryer recipe. Continue frying with egg for 4 minutes at 350°. Stir and fry for 2 more minutes. Remove from air fryer basket and plate.
Add half of the remaining dressing to the bok choy and toss. Fry at 400° for 5 minutes. Place on top of the fried rice. Toss the chopped mushrooms with the remaining dressing and fry for 8 minutes at 400°. Stir after 5 minutes. Remove from fryer basket and top rice and bok choy. Stir fried rice and serve.