Orange Lemongrass Mignonette
The hints of herb and slight notes of spice in this delightful oyster accompaniment are sure to bring out the best in your raw oysters.
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed mandarin or orange juice (a combo is nice!)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 red Thai chili, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, grated on a microplane
- 3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
Blend together until smooth and chill for an hour.
Shake well before serving. Using a teaspoon of sauce per oyster will make enough to dress 48 oysters. Use more or less to taste!
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.