Instead of potatoes, roast some sunchokes! They're delicious, nutritious, lower in calories, and slightly sweeter than a potato.
- 2 pounds sunchokes, washed, dried, cut into chunks
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Optional: sprinkle of fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut up sunchokes into chunks and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
Brush sheet pan lightly with oil or spray with cooking spray.
Spread sunchokes in a single layer on sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes until softened and lightly browned.