Homemade Instant Pot Vegetable Broth
About 1-gallon bag of vegetable scraps such as
- Onions, especially sweet onions, and their skins
- Carrots and green carrot tops
- Mushrooms and mushroom stems
- Fresh or dried herbs – especially classic Italian herbs such as sage, rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley, oregano, and bay leaves.
- Avoid using bitter greens, broccoli, or cauliflower because it will make the broth bitter.
Place vegetable scraps in an Instapot with a tablespoon of peppercorns and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Then add water to fill the pot almost to the top. Press Manual button and set for 20 minutes. When cycle is complete, allow for slow natural release of pressure. Remove lid and strain liquid through a fine mesh strainer. Discard solids.
Store in air-tight containers in the refrigerator or freeze for later use.