Farmers' Market Vegetable Soup
READY IN 90 MIN
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 celery rib, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 medium potatoes (about 3/4 pound), unpeeled and diced
- 3 cups thinly sliced kale
- 2 cups of slice, cherry tomatoes
- 10 cups water
- ½ cup mince parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grate your favorite hard cheese to taste
In a large pot, sweat onions for thirty minutes or until they have a gooey texture. Add carrots and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, six minutes. Add potatoes, kale and cook, mixing occasionally, about six minutes. Add tomatoes, water, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a simmer; adjust heat and simmer gently cook for one hour. Serve with grated cheese and minced parsley, if desired.
*This recipe can be adapted to the farmers' market ingredients of the season.