Cheese Quesadillas with Zucchini Flowers, Poblano Peppers and Mushrooms
A super easy snack that's loaded with spicy and savory flavors.
READY IN 15 MIN
- ½ cup Oaxaca style cheese, shredded
- Un-salted butter, for cooking
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, smashed, but left in their jacket
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 10 individual fresh squash blossoms, cleaned thoroughly
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 corn tortillas
Heat a large sauté pan with a butter and sauté the garlic, mushrooms and the roasted poblano pepper for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are brown and the poblanos are soft. Then, add the squash blossoms Add cilantro and cook for another 1 minute until squash blossoms have wilted. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside to cool.
To compose the quesadilla lay two of the tortillas on a flat surface. Distribute the cheese equally on both tortillas. Then, spread ½ of the filling over the cheese on each tortilla. Cover with the other tortilla, place on heated griddle on nonstick sauté pan with a butter and cook for 3 minutes on each side. When nice and golden brown on each side and cheese has melted, remove and cut into quarters.