MY LOCAL MARKET
Baby Kale Salad with Farro, Avocados and Kumquats
This salad is a good example on how shopping for good ingredients at the market can be a great cooking technique.
- 1/2 lbs. of baby kale, loose
- 1 whole Hass avocado, peeled and diced to desired size
- 1/2 cup of cooked farro, tossed with olive oil and salt
- 1/2 cup kumquats, thinly sliced (available through Frog Hollow and Bernard Ranch at our markets.)
- Good quality olive oil to taste (we used the freshly pressed new oil from Calolea)
- Juice of a Meyer lemon to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Mix the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently with your hands.Taste, correct and serve.