Autumn Rice Salad
A super easy rice based salad that uses all the great Autumn bounty that our farmers provide at the market. Feel free to use different combinations of grains, fruits and vegetables.
READY IN 50 MIN
- 1 cup of brown rice Massa Organics, cooked
- 1 small shallot, diced and macerated in lemon juice for 15 minutes
- ½ cup of dried figs, chopped
- 5 jujubes, de-seeded and diced
- ½ cup of pomegranates
- 2 chocolate persimmons, de-seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup of golden raisins
- 1 cup of walnuts, tossed, and chopped
- Olive oil to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Be sure to dress the rice with olive and lemon juice when the rice is still hot, allowing the rice to absorb it’s flavors. Place the topping ingredients in row over the dressed rice. Gently mix the ingredients and serve.