Asian Noodle Salad w/ Creamy Sesame Dressing
Many of us finished 2015 indulging in rich holiday foods. Let's start 2016 with something new and light!
Happy New Year everyone!
READY IN 20 MIN
- 3.5 oz. dry rice noodles
- a handful of snap peas, chopped
- 1-2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 shaved radishes
- Handful of mustard greens, finely chopped
- ½ cup tofu – chopped into small squares
- Toasted sesame for garnish
- 1 tablespoon ground sesame seeds (we used a Japanese mortar and pestle)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
Soak the noodles in hot water for 10 minutes (or if package instructions are different, follow them). Meanwhile slice radishes paper thin and cut the tofu into small cubes and set aside. Mix with the sauce and ingredients in a bowl.
Drain the rice noodles, pat dry. Separate the strands with your hands and cut the noodles in half. Transfer to a big bowl and add the radishes, scallions, mustard greens and tofu. Mix well. Dress with sesame dressing and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.