Twelve Days of Farmers' Market Holiday Gifts
Your local farmers’ market is a great place to find unique holiday gifts for everyone on your list, from gourmet cooks, to gardeners, to overworked moms. Skip the insanity of the malls and stroll the booths of your local farmers’ market for a real taste of the season.
Our farmers bring a variety of fresh nuts, jams and jellies, sweet local honey, meats, ready-made meals to go, and so much more. The market also has fresh cut flowers and handmade soaps to select from. You can also select items from different producers and create your own individual gift basket suited to your recipient. Here are some fresh gift ideas:
- A basket of fresh California citrus—oranges, lemons, pomelos, and tangerines.
- Locally-grown honey from Diablo Creek Apiary out of Clayton, homemade jams and fresh baked breads.
- Ready-made gift packs of flavored olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sauces, and mustards.
- Gourmet dips, hummus, and sauces with pita chips.
- Several bags of flavored nuts and dried fruits.
- A variety of fresh homemade tamales and enchiladas.
- An elegant and soothing collection of handmade soaps, lotions, balms and salts.
- Vegetable soup fixings like carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, onions, herbs. Just add a recipe and soup bowls.
- A bouquet or two of fresh cut flowers or a gorgous orchid.
- Gourmet fresh baked pies, breads, and cookies.
- Fresh grass-fed beef steaks with a few onions, carrots, and mushrooms for a complete meal.
- A farmers’ market canvas bag filled with a variety of winter fruits and vegetables so the foodie in your life can create their own special recipe.
Some of the best gift are those that are handmade. Get a big bag of fresh oranges and poke whole cloves into each orange in any design you like. Place in a pretty holiday bowl along with some ball ornaments and you have a ready-made centerpiece! Thanks to PCFMA staff for this holiday decorating idea!
Enjoy the season with only the best produce and other products grown and produced by your local farmers and producers. Thank you for supporting your local farmers’ market and Happy Holidays from all of us at Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association!